Effective and Last Updated: December 6, 2013
This website is owned and operated by The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (hereafter “NCOAE). We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors while they interact with the content, products and services made available through this Internet website (hereafter the “Site”).
Your use of the Site is also governed by our Terms & Conditions.
1) Information Collected. We collect two types of information from you: A) information that you voluntarily provide to us through our email and course and training registration sign-ups, and through a voluntary registration process when you make a reservation for a course or training; and B) information that is derived through your web browser and automated through our tracking mechanisms.
Voluntary Information: In order to make a reservation using the Site, we collect personal information about you. The information may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number and date of birth. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you except when you specifically provide such information to us on a voluntary basis.
NCOAE will use the information you provided in your course or training reservation request in order to:
- Process your request
- Bill you for your deposit or full payment
- Provide you with documents needed for your course or training
- Communicate with you in a consistent manner regarding your course or training
- Communicate with you in the future about our products, services, courses and trainings
We collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, including: A) consenting to receive email, and B) consenting to receive additional materials from us via the U.S. mail. When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your contact information, such as name, mailing address, email address and telephone number. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your travel details and other information which may help us better serve you and our others course and training participants in the future.
Cookies: This Site uses “cookies” and other online tracking technologies. Cookies enable us to serve personalized pages to our Site visitors without asking them to sign in, and also allow us to know how visitors came to the Site and in some cases to track what users do while on the Site. Most Internet browsers allow Site users to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most Internet browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. However, some Site features or services may not function properly without cookies enabled.
2) Referrals. You may choose to share content from NCOAE.org by using the Site’s social sharing tools. NCOAE does not store the email addresses you provide when an email address is supplied for sharing purposes.
3) How NCOAE Uses Your Information. NCOAE only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold to third parties.
NCOAE will not disclose, use, give or sell any of your personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our service providers, suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of, or to, NCOAE unless required to do so by law. Further, NCOAE reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient NCOAE-related experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your course or training reservation request; providing customer service; providing custom content; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your requests.
NCOAE contracts with other companies to provide certain services, including email distribution, market research, promotions management and payment, including credit card processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services, and we work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than NCOAE.
We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of NCOAE if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, and preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of NCOAE, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
We are not liable or responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit on our blog or any other publicly accessible area of the Site.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of NCOAE when we have your consent to do so.
5) How We Protect Your Information. We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. However, since the Internet is not a 100 percent secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
6) Email Choice/Opt-out. If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications from NCOAE, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by choosing the opt-out link in any of our email communications or you can email us via info@NCOAE.org.
7) Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls. We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 13-years-old or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us using our online Contact form or email us at info@NCOAE.org.
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education
9809 River Road
Wilmington, North Carolina 28412 USA
Phone: (910) 399-8090