NCOAE Deposit, Refund, and Transfer Policy
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) has established this Deposit, Refund, and Transfer Policy to help students, course and training participants, and parents and guardians of our students understand our approach to course and training deposits, as well as their options in the event that a course or training refund or transfer is requested. Please contact NCOAE headquarters in Wilmington, N.C., with questions regarding these policies (we’re available by phone Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p. m. Eastern Time by calling (910) 399-8090, or by email using email@example.com).
Please note the following about NCOAE course and training deposits:
- A non-refundable, 10 percent (10%) tuition deposit is required to hold a spot in an NCOAE course or training. Some course and trainings may require full payment at the time of registration.
- Full course and/or training payment due thirty (30) days before course or training start date.
- Registration within 30 days of a course’s or training’s start date requires full tuition at the time of registration.
Please note the following general policy about requests for course and training refunds:
- If you request a refund more than 30 days prior to — or equal to 30 days prior to — the start date of your NCOAE course or training, you are entitled to refund minus the 10 percent (10%) tuition deposit.
- If you request a refund anytime between 29 days the start date of your course or training, there will be no refunds — but a transfer may be possible (see below).
- If your NCOAE course or training is canceled due to low enrollment, 100 percent (100%) of your payment is fully transferrable to another NCOAE course or training. Or, if you prefer, all fees paid for your course or training can be refunded at your request.
- All funds are forfeited under any and all circumstances in any attempt to cancel or transfer a second time, under the originally registered/enrolled course or training.
Please note the following about transfer requests for NCOAE courses and trainings:
- If you request a course or training transfer (i.e., you request that we enroll you in a different course or training than the one registered for) within 30 days prior to the new course’s or training’s start date — or equal to 30 days prior to the new course’s or training’s start date — 50 percent (50%) of your tuition is transferable to the new course or training; the remainder is forfeited.
- Transfers must be made to courses or trainings (at the base, only) within one (1) calendar year of original course or training enrollment, or funds will be forfeited.
- Funds may not be transferred to an outside, sponsored course or training.
- Only one (1) transfer per student is allowed.
Refunds, and Transfers for EMT Training Students
Please note the following about refund and transfer requests for students already enrolled and participating in NCOAE EMT trainings:
Students who fail the virtual instruction portion of their EMT training: If you fail the virtual instruction portion of your Hybrid EMT training, you will allowed to continue with the virtual instruction, but you will not be allowed to attend the practical portion of your training until you pass the virtual component. Students who fail the virtual instruction portion of their Hybrid EMT training may retake their training at 50 percent (50%) off of the price they originally paid for their training.
Students who fail the practical instruction portion of their EMT training: If you fail the practical instruction portion of your Hybrid EMT training, you will be allowed to return to campus to participate in another practical session within one (1) year of your original course start date. The fee for retaking the practical portion of your Hybrid EMT training is $225.00, which includes the cost of on-site housing.
To initiate a course or training transfer, please contact NCOAE Headquarters via email (info@NCOAE.org – Subject Line: Transfer Request) or by phone (we’re available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a. m — 4:30 p. m. Eastern Time by calling (910) 399-8090).
To request a refund, first call the NCOAE office to determine refund eligibility. We’re available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a. m — 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time by calling (910) 399-8090. Please note: A signed letter is required for refund consideration.