NCOAE Refund & Transfer Policy
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) has established this Deposit, Refund, and Transfer Policy to help students, course and training participants, and parents and guardians of our students understand our approach to course and training deposits, as well as their options in the event that a course or training refund or transfer is requested.
Please contact us with questions regarding these policies.
Please note the following about NCOAE course and training deposits:
- A non-refundable, 10 percent (10%) tuition deposit is required to hold a spot in an NCOAE course or training. Some course and trainings may require full payment at the time of registration.
- Full course and/or training payment is due thirty (30) days before course or training start date.
- Registration within 30 days of a course’s or training’s start date requires full tuition at the time of registration.
Please note the following general policy about requests for course and training refunds:
- If you request a refund more than 30 days prior to — or equal to 30 days prior to — the start date of your NCOAE course or training, you are entitled to refund minus the 10 percent (10%) tuition deposit.
- If you request a refund anytime between 29 days the start date of your course or training, there will be no refunds — but a transfer may be possible (see below).
- If your NCOAE course or training is canceled due to low enrollment, 100 percent (100%) of your payment is fully transferable to another NCOAE course or training. Or, if you prefer, all fees paid for your course or training can be refunded at your request.
- All funds are forfeited under any and all circumstances in any attempt to cancel or transfer a second time, under the originally registered/enrolled course or training.
Refunds for On-Site Housing
Please note the following about refunds for NCOAE on-site housing:
- If you request a refund more than 10 days — or equal to 10 days — prior to your NCOAE course practical start date, you are entitled to a full refund.
- If you request a refund anytime between 9 days and the start of your NCOAE practical start date, you are entitled to a refund minus a 10% cancellation fee.
- All funds are forfeited in any attempt to cancel your on-site housing and/or request a refund on or after your check-in date.
Please note the following about transfer requests for NCOAE courses and trainings:
- If you request a course or training transfer (i.e., you request that we enroll you in a different course or training than the one registered for) within 30 days prior to the new course’s or training’s start date — or equal to 30 days prior to the new course’s or training’s start date — 50 percent (50%) of your tuition is transferable to the new course or training; the remainder is forfeited.
- Transfers must be made to courses or trainings (at the base, only) within one (1) calendar year of original course or training enrollment, or funds will be forfeited.
- Funds may not be transferred to an outside, sponsored course or training.
- Only one (1) transfer per student is allowed.
REFUNDS, AND TRANSFERS FOR EMT TRAINING STUDENTS
Please note the following about refund and transfer requests for students already enrolled and participating in NCOAE EMT trainings:
Students who fail the virtual instruction portion of their EMT training: If you fail the virtual instruction portion of your Hybrid EMT training, you will be allowed to continue with the virtual instruction, but you will not be allowed to attend the practical portion of your training until you pass the virtual component. Students who fail the virtual instruction portion of their Hybrid EMT training may retake their training at 50 percent (50%) off of the price they originally paid for their training.
Students who fail the practical instruction portion of their EMT training: If you fail the practical instruction portion of your Hybrid EMT training, you will be allowed to return to campus to participate in another practical session within one (1) year of your original course start date. The fee for retaking the practical portion of your Hybrid EMT training is $385.00, which includes the cost of on-site housing.
Clinicals for EMT Training Students
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) does not guarantee the admission of any student to a clinical site. A student’s acceptance, participation, and continuation at a clinical site is subject to the approval and consent of the clinical site. Students must be able to attend and complete 100 percent of their clinical rotations at the assigned clinical site in order to successfully complete their NCOAE EMT course.
- COVID-19: A completed COVID-19 vaccine series is required by our clinical partner for all NCOAE EMT students. NCOAE’s clinical partner, Novant Health, allows requests for religious or medical exemptions, but such approvals are not guaranteed. NCOAE has no input or authority over Novant Health’s decision-making process. Students who are not able to complete their clinical rotations due to denial of their exemption and/or refusal to obtain the COVID-19 vaccine, will fail the course, and NCOAE’s cancellation policies will be in effect. COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Request: You may submit a COVID-19 vaccination exemption to Novant Health using the following instructions: Novant Exemption Instructions
- Felony/Misdemeanor Charges/Convictions: Any felony convictions or charges automatically disqualify students for clinicals at Novant Health. Misdemeanor convictions or charges — other than minor traffic violations — may result in ineligibility to attend and participate in the clinical component of an NCOAE course. This would result in failure to progress through the course and an unsuccessful completion of the course. When this occurs, NCOAE cancellation policies will be in effect.
To initiate a course or training transfer, please contact NCOAE Headquarters via email (info@NCOAE.org – Subject Line: Transfer Request) or by phone (we’re available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a. m — 4:30 p. m. Eastern Time by calling (910) 399-8090).
To request a refund, first call the NCOAE office to determine refund eligibility. We’re available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a. m — 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time by calling (910) 399-8090. Please note: A signed letter is required for refund consideration.