Part-Time EMT Instructor
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking part-time instructors to supplement our team of emergency medicine educators.
Our EMT instructors from across the country include EMTs, Advanced EMTs, paramedics, search and rescue professionals, professional outdoor guides and leaders, nurses, firefighters, military operations specialists, and others with a passion for teaching the next generation of emergency medicine professionals.
Offered through both live in-person and online classes, our “Intensive” 21-day EMT-Basic course satisfies eligibility requirements for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) and EMT credentialing requirements in all 50 states via reciprocity process.
Our “Intensive” 21-day program provides a unique and exciting teaching environment that is team focused and different from most traditional teaching institutions. Students have two options — the first option is a fully in-person 21-day program where all training and practical sessions take place at either our North Carolina or Oregon locations. For the second option, students can choose a hybrid format featuring 10 days of live virtual, instructor-led training delivered on our world-class learning management system, along with 11-days of hands-on, practical skills training at our Wilmington, N.C., or Tygh Valley, O.R., campus.
Our EMT instructors provide theory and skills instruction in compliance with approved curricula and industry standards. Along the way, instructors are expected to ensure that students have a learning experience that reflects current practices required for their career.
- Current NREMT certification as an EMT, EMT- Advanced, EMT-Paramedic, or Registered Nurse
- Current North Carolina and/or Oregon State credentials as an EMT, EMT-Advanced, EMT-Paramedic, or Registered Nurse
- Minimum three years of experience as an EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, or Registered Nurse
- Minimum one year teaching experience in an EMS/EMT program is preferred
- Ability to create an interactive and supportive learning environment for students
- Current CPR certification
- Additional course work in instructional methodology or adult learning theory is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with students and NCOAE faculty and staff
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to work as a team player to meet the common goals and objectives
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Current valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel to NCOAE campuses across the country
NCOAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer: The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate any form of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions at NCOAE are based on merit and to the principle of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with both the letter and spirit of this policy, NCOAE is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.